The Development of Information, Communication and Technologies (ICTs) and their integration with all spheres of people’s lives have become inevitable in this digital era considering the opportunities and impact it can bring to an individual’s life. The Royal Government of Bhutan has made tremendous efforts and continues to focus on developing and improving ICT infrastructure and services.
to create an “ICT enabled knowledge society as a foundation for Gross National Happiness”
Terms of Reference:
- Responsible for design, development, and content updating of websites.
- Ensure LAN and Internet connectivity.
- Ensure uptime of application systems.
- Ensure that the security of the data and systems is not compromised.
- Maintain periodic backup of databases and files.
- Responsible for the development of Management Information Systems (MIS) and digitization of the working procedures.
- Responsible for optimization of the systems and ICT processes.
- Responsible for initiating procedural changes to reduce the turnaround time for service delivery through innovation.
- Promote the usage of ICT to the staff through user training such as basic computer troubleshooting, google apps usage etc.
- Maintain proper documentation and mapping of systems and networks.
- Provide technical specifications and obtain clearances for procurement of hardware and software.
- Comply with e-GIF standards.
- Conduct a periodic assessment of the progress in the field of ICT and validate whether the progression is aligned to the overall vision and mission of Govtech.
- Provide computer/networking-related hardware and software troubleshooting services.
- Responsible for configuration of Access points and creating user accounts on network and systems.
- Responsible for updating operating systems and other software.
- Responsible for ICT assets (network devices, servers, and PCs issued to ICT officials).
- Responsible for planning budget for ICT division and ICT services under its constituent in coordination with head of government agencies.